Spotlight on Staff – Natalie Kennerley

My name is Natalie Kennerley and I have been a part of the Matipo community for 12 years now. I have taught in the middle school, new entrants and now am enjoying the seniors. I think the biggest achievement in my career to date would have to be this year’s Mana Camp, a huge success and so much fun.  Now I’m looking forward to Ski Camp and Aroha Camp at Motu Moana! I’ve love being fully involved at Matipo, coordinating and coaching netball for 8 years, and now helping with the Matipo Friends & Whanau group, organising fun events such as our recent Quiz Night. Before teaching I was a children’s book buyer at Dymocks Bookstore, and my love of books continue, however I don’t seem to have as much time to read these days.

Originally from Glenfield, I’ve now lived on the Peninsula for 11 years.  I live with my husband Rob, our daughter Maria and our pets Sirius, Fred and George.  I am a big Harry Potter geek and like reading the series at least once a year, as well as collecting various HP memorabilia.  I enjoy cooking and baking, and bake at least once a month for a local charity.