Spotlight on Staff – Sarah-lee Oto

Malo e lelei fâmili

I am privileged to have worked at Matipo for over 10 years. This has meant I have watched students join us at the age of 5 and then move on to Intermediate to their next journey of schooling. I get to see our kids out in the community, especially on the sports field and netball courts and cheer them on.

I have a wonderful partner Lani who has been part of my crazy life for over 22 years! He is a foreman for a Spray painting company in Kumeu. Together we have 2 gorgeous children, Kaiya who is 13 who attends Te Atatu Intermediate and Cruz who is 10 and is with us at Matipo. We are an active family who are always on the move. We love to keep fit, go camping and exploring the outdoors.

My fâmili live in Tonga, so when we get the change we love to go and visit. The island life brings a refreshing break to the hustle and bustle of Auckland. Here we are all in our element – basking in the sun, exploring hidden caves and beaches and just ‘chillaxing’.

Teaching provides a platform to turn every child into a Champion and to explore their curiosities. I can’t wait to be a part of this for you and your child!