Term 2 Staff News

Sad News…

Deborah Shaw has given long and loyal service to the school over a long time. I was very sad to learn that she has been seriously ill for a while now, and has had to resign her position for health reasons. Deborah has been a tower of strength through the recent changes in the school leadership structure.  I will personally miss her dedication, compassion, expertise, kindness and loyalty very much indeed. I am sure the Board and Community will want to acknowledge Deborah and contribution when the time is right, and I will let everyone know as soon as possible.

In the meantime we are arranged for Natalie Kennerley to take over as class teacher in Room 15, taking over from Mrs Forrest at the start of week 2, on Monday 7th May. Grace Smith will remain class teacher in room 26.

Mrs Kennerley and Mrs Clark will lead Aroha Syndicate.  Mrs Smith and Ms Oto will lead Mana Syndicate.

I have also arranged for John Brandon to work with us for three days a week for this term. John has recently retired as a deputy Principal, and will help to manage some of the changes were are dealing with, partially  our communication systems and special needs.