This week we welcome Ms Delwyn Day in Room 5, and Mrs Elise van de Ven in Room 21 who are in long term relieving positions for 12-months while our two mothers to be are on maternity leave.
We also recognise Marion Clark’s 10 years’ service to Matipo School.
On Tuesday, we had a visit from an APO Brass Quartet, ‘ACE Brass’ who demonstrated the versatility of the various brass instruments of the orchestra.
WARM WELCOME TO
Neeve Thompson-Ruegger, Lily Lane, Eli Pirnia, Luke Newland, Bonnie Williams, Zoe Hickman, Indiana Clews, Zoe Tollemache, Ruben Va and Tony Tavai. We wish you a long and enjoyable time here at Matipo Primary School.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK TO
Isobel Lamb, Evelyn Cowan, Gabriella Tavita, Hazel Yates, Olivia Cullum, Charlotte Zhao and Mila Curran. Also a happy belated birthday to Eli Pirnia, Luke Newland, Bonnie Williams, Indiana Clews and Zoe Hickman.
URGENT – PARENT WARDENS WANTED
We are seeking parent help at the busy corner of Taikata & Matipo Road crossing on Monday afternoons and Wednesday mornings. We have not been able to operate this crossing during these times this week. Please call the office, 834 6909, or see Mrs Clark, Rm 1 firstname.lastname@example.org if you can assist (8.00am – 8:45am or 2.45pm – 3.05pm). If you are able to assist on any other day, we would love to hear from you.
MID-YEAR REPORTS AND PARENT INTERVIEWS – WEDNESDAY 9TH AUGUST
Reports will be emailed home next Friday 4th August for those required. If you haven’t updated your email address, please let the office know as soon as possible. If you don’t receive the report, please check your junk file. Parent interviews will be held on Wednesday 9th August between 2pm – 5pm, and 6pm – 8pm. Children may participate in the parent interview. Interviews with Ms Day (Room 5) and Mrs van de Ven (Room 21) will be ‘Meet the Teacher’ in nature. Parents may also make appointments to see Mr Bainbridge between 2pm – 8pm. Return slips for parent interviews will go home this week. Please note that school finishes at 2pm on this day, although children who can’t be picked up at this time may wait in the library supervised until 3.00pm.
Lucky Book Club Issue 5 is available online until 11th August.
Visit scholastic.co.nz/parents/lucky-book-club/ and register with LOOP to start ordering.
TERM 3 AFTER SCHOOL CLASSES
We currently have two vacancies in the Senior Art after school class with Rowena Rooney on Monday afternoons between 3pm – 4.30pm, for Year 4 – 6 students $150. If interested, please see the office asap.
Tomorrow’s assembly is at 2.15 pm in the hall for the Tamariki and Aroha Syndicates, and will be hosted by Room 6.
TERM 3 DATES
Aug 01 Year 6 Te Atatu Intermediate Visit
04 Mid-Year Reports Emailed
09 Parent Interviews 2pm – 8pm
14 Netball Field Day
25 Daffodil Day
Sept 01 Individual & Sibling Photos
18 School Art Show Week
29 Term 3 Ends
REMINDER: SCHOOL POLICY AND PROCEDURE
1. Please notify the office by 9am if your child is not going to be at school.
2. Children arriving late or leaving early must be signed for at the office by their caregiver.
3. Only children Year 4 and above may ride their bikes and scooters to school and must wear a helmet. Younger children may ride if accompanied by a caregiver.
4. All bikes and scooters must be walked within the grounds at all times.
5. Wearing of make up, dangly earrings and extreme hair styles such as mohawks, carvings and rats tails are not allowed.
6. The school grounds are to be cleared by 3.15pm. The school grounds are also closed in the weekend.
7. Any medication needs to be given to the office, not held in classrooms.
8. Cell phones should be given to the office in the morning and picked up in the afternoon.
9. Please don’t let the children bring expensive items or items of sentimental value to school as again, we can take no responsibility for their loss.