The board invites applications from parents who wish to enrol their sons and daughters at Matipo Primary School for next year.
Enrolment at the school is governed by an enrolment scheme, details of which are available from the school office.
Please phone or visit the school office for details of enrolment applications.
The deadline for receipt of applications for out of zone places is Wednesday 14th October 2015.
Parents of students who live within the home zone should also apply by this date to assist the school to plan appropriately for next year. Students who live in the home zone are entitled to enrol at the school.
The board has determined that 10 New Entrant places are likely to be available for out of zone students next year. The exact number of places will depend on the number of applications received from students who live within the school’s home zone.
Applications from out of zone students will be processed in the following order of priority:
- First priority must be given to any applicant who is accepted for enrolment in a special programme run by the school.
- Second priority must be given to any applicant who is the sibling of a current student of the school.
- Third priority must be given to any student who is the sibling of a former student of the school.
- Fourth priority must be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school.
- Fifth priority must be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school.
- Sixth priority must be given to all other applicants
If the number of out of zone applications exceeds the number of places available, students will be selected by ballot. If a ballot is required it will be held on Wednesday 21st October 2015. Parents will be informed of the outcome of the ballot within three school days of the ballot being held.